Friday, February 22, 2013

Nice is overrated.


This morning I woke up thinking my birthday was this weekend. I thought I'd majorly dropped the ball. Now I wish it was. Vegas is such an obvious birthday option for a Californian with wanderlust but I'm fully committed to not having a typical Vegas trip. I've been going to Vegas my whole life (my entire family has a gambling problem) so I've already done a lot of the shows and a bunch of the clubs. What I haven't done are the zip line downtown and the neon museum so I MUST check those off of my birthday wishlist. That plus the fact that I've convinced Hanna to come to Disneyland with me means my birthday will be pretty much perfect this year.


In other news, I've decided to try to be nice to people that I don't like. And by try I mean I'm trying to try but haven't actually worked up to it yet. I generally don't hide my disdain for the painfully dim and the exceedingly normal but I understand that neither of these should be a punishable offence. But I feel like being nice is overrated and I don't say that as an excuse for my meanness. I just think that if the best thing people can say about someone is that they're "nice" then they're just not the kind of person that I want to know. BUT I'm going to TRY.

Now it's time for installment number two of my nerdom confessions! I'm sure it's no surprise that I shamelessly inhabit the Whedonverse and I must say that the "Damage" episode of ATS is simultaneously SO good and SO fucked up. I mean, I gotta oppose any episode where Spike gets tortured but it's pretty much my fascination with serial killers meeting my love for all things Vampire Slayer. One of my favorites for sure.

Finally, I'd just like to say that a girl could get used to strangers declaring their love for her, no matter how large a quantity of alcohol is involved. Sometimes it's just refreshing to hear an honest and upfront "I really want to hit on you right now." Keeps life interesting.

P.S. - If you were wondering what to get the girl who has EVERYTHING!
Books and Vinyl!

No comments:

Post a Comment